Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mumbai, a secular city

Mumbai is a city where all major religions co-exist. Wherever you go in Mumbai, you will come across a temple, church, or mosque.

I picked some of my favourite:

     Mount Mary Church - I love this church. It's so peaceful inside.

     Haji Ali Durgah - this mosque is located in the Arabian Sea
     and can be reached only during low tide.

     Ghanteshwar Hanuman Temple - The temple of bells.
      (Ghant = bell). The belief is that anyone who prays here
      will have their wish come true. And when it comes true,
      they donate a bell to the temple.

Here are some pics (click on them to enlarge)

Mount Mary Church, Bandra


Mount Mary Church - Statue of Mother Mary


Altar of the Mount Mary Church


Haji Ali Durgah, Worli


Ghanteshwar Hanuman Mandir (Temple), Santacruz


Links
Mount Mary Church
Haji Ali Durgah
Lord Hanuman


4 comments:

  1. I've never been to India, and don't have a clear vision in my mind of what it's like. I appreciate your post - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Jon. India is a fascinating country. Will try and post some more pics of other places I have visited. In the meantime, check out my India pics via the labels on the right. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're taking us along to beautiful places in the world through all this pictures. It's really nice being able to see them as I have never been to India. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome Balqis. Glad you enjoy my pictures and thanks for your comments. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...