Sunday, June 16, 2013

June photo a day - Day 16 - Family

Today is Father's Day in most parts of the world. Not in NZ though - we celebrate in September.

But as the prompt today for the June photo a day challenge is "Family", I thought it would be nice to celebrate online anyway.

My dad was kind and generous and one of the most loving human beings I have ever come across. He had a great sense of humour, loved puzzles (especially crosswords and sudoku), chocolate. cricket and photography.

I miss the early morning breakfast of tea and toast that I shared with him and that he made for me without fail each morning.

I think of him first thing each morning and the last thing before I go to sleep.

So Happy Father's Day dad.  Be at peace and be happy wherever you are.

This blog is dedicated to you and I know that when it brings joy to others, it would've brought you joy.

Here are some pictures that I love.

Dad taking pictures of my brother and me , a picture of my dad in his younger days and playing chess with my son.

.

Dad you truly were the best
Generous, loving and kind
Three years ago you were laid to rest
Like you there are none to find

Be at peace wherever you are
Enjoy the wonders of heaven
You live in my heart though you are far
I miss that tea and toast at seven



Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Lovely memories indeed. Hugs dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful, Suzy! I so love the third photo!

    Hugs and Happy Father's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful Suzy! Reminds me of my dad who I also miss a great deal. Lovely photographs as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Glad you liked my words and photos.

      Delete
  4. really a lovely tribute to your father....its cool you shared that time of ta and toast and it became special...smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian. Those were special moments.

      Delete
  5. memories chug along. a lovely piece for a tribute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do Akila. Thanks. glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. Such a wonderful post and the photos brought out the emotion even more. much love to you :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...