Thursday, June 6, 2013

June photo a day - Day 6 - Transport

Day 6 of the June photo a day challenge - Transport

I love aeroplanes and I can spend hours at the airport watching the planes land and take off.

Wellington airport is a lot of fun to visit, because you don't need to be travelling anywhere to enjoy the views, a  cuppa  or even a nice meal. My friends and I go there sometimes just to watch the planes and have a bite to eat.

In 2011 New Zealand hosted the Rugby World Cup and I took this picture of a plane painted in the NZ Rugby "All Black" colours. I love it when they decorate the planes.

Wellington Airport 





Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful! I have always wondered if it was possible to just sit at an airport and view planes. Cool that you can do it there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jyothi. Yes, lucky we can still visit.

      Delete
  2. I used to love going to the airport to receive any relatives when I was a kid... just so I could watch the planes from the lounge. (They somehow seemed bigger when I was a kid!) But, after 911, they stopped letting us in the lounge. The airport waiting rooms are only for passengers now. :(
    Btw, I love that black plane! I didn't know they even made normal passenger planes in black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chicky - they only painted it during the Rugby World Cup.

      Delete
  3. Sounds nice to be able to go there and enjoy the sights :) The location is scenic too; love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Swathi - it is great fun to watch the planes.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...