Sunday, July 6, 2014

Yashvasin

Should I choose Yashvasin for Y?


Lord Ganesha is one of the most popular and revered deities in India. All prayers start with Lord Ganesha and he is regarded as the remover of obstacles.

So while thinking of what to write for the letter Y at ABC Wednesday, I kept thinking of Lord Ganesha and then looking up the various names of Lord Ganesha I found Yashvasin which means "Beloved and ever popular Lord" and he is truly that amongst Hindus.

I held off for a while wondering if I should choose Yashvasin, when pictures of Lord Ganesha started to appear on TV and Facebook. So when the Universe acknowledges, then one must move in that direction.

I have a vast collection of Lord Ganesha idols. Each time I visit India I get many Lord Ganesha gifts. But here is one of my favourites - a little transparent Ganesha that changes colour.


the changing colours


May all your obstacles be removed today.

Linking to:
Denise Nesbitt's ABC Wednesday Letter Y     Six Word Saturday 
Ruchira's Wordless Wednesday #42








Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que

Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. Wow, this one looks good. How does it change color, though? I liked the transparent look the best, thought the colors are nice too.

    Thanks for the wishes, Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kajal. There must be little coloured bulbs inside I guess.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful blessing! Love the Ganesha idol collection, I have a couple of them.The latest one I picked up from the fair at Surajkund, it is a wooden one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sulekkha. I don't think I've bought a single Ganesha. I just get gifts and I always say Lord Ganesha loves to be at my house. Feel so blessed.

      Delete
  3. Lord Ganesha in his many avatars is so beautiful. Your pictures are too good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inderpreet. Glad you liked my Ganesha.

      Delete
  4. Lord Ganesha is one of my favourites. I love that he can be depicted in hundreds of ways - by a few brush strokes or in the most elaborate drawings. Loved the changing colours of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tulika. So true. Lord Ganesha is one of my favourites too.

      Delete
  5. The spouse and I are huge Ganesha fans. We have a large collection of idols, ranging from tiny to big ones. I think there is a universal appeal factor where He is concerned! I love the multi-coloured ones in your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shailaja.True He does have universal appeal.

      Delete
  6. Love the beautiful Yashvasin murti :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. we do YEARN for something better!
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for Y week. Carver, ABCW-Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathe. Wish you a great week too.

      Delete
  10. Suzy, I was glad to see you at my blog, about Rollie's funeral: Thank you for your kind words.

    Ganesha is one of my favorite gods. This may seem ironic, since I'm Christian...but I'm the Christian Left, which means I honor all faiths, as well as agnosticism and atheism.

    Whenever my friend George makes his way to India, I always ask him to find me a small Ganesha. My mom's favorite animal (and mine) was/is the elephant, so perhaps that was part of what sparked my interest, but the essence of Ganesha is what kept this being in my heart.

    May you, too, enjoy a peaceful week. Thanks again for letting me come see you. Namaste, Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. Delighted that Lord Ganesha is one of your favourite Gods. I also honour all faiths. So glad you dropped by and shared your thoughts. Someday if you get a chance to visit India, visit Mumbai at Ganesh Chaturthi (birthday of Lord Ganesh). It's an awesome festival. Blessings to you and yours. Namaste.

      Delete
  11. Wow! Never saw such a Ganesha deity. Thanks for linking up with something so unique...loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Ganesha, Suzy..first time I am seeing the idols and love its aesthetic designs:)
    http://vishal-newkidontheblock.blogspot.com/2014/07/an-orkut-love-story-chapter-15.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...