Sunday, March 15, 2015

Interesting and International

Armchair travelling can be interesting too

So many International events have taken place in the last couple of weeks.

On February 20 1000 bloggers came together to speak for compassion via their blogs. Compassion the Soul Connection was my contribution.

March 1 was World Compliment Day and March 8 was International Women's Day. Bloggers across the world celebrated with blog posts complimenting someone (mine at World Compliment Day) and honouring women respectively. Let Her Light Shine On was my tribute to a young soul who died tragically but bravely in 2012.

And here in New Zealand we are in the midst of the International One Day Cricket World Cup which is so exciting and so much fun to watch especially since NZ is hosting jointly with Australia and has qualified for the quarter finals.

As part of the match coverage so many beautiful cities across New Zealand are being showcased. Armchair travelling can be interesting and fun.

So here is a glimpse into my beautiful capital city as seen on TV.  Love my city and love my camera.

Wellington sign in the Miramar hills depicting Windy Wellington


Bucket Fountain at Cuba Mall. Buckets fill up with water and then tip over.
Kids love to stop and watch.


A closer view of the buckets


The Cable Car that runs from the Botanical Gardens to Lambton Quay
A fun and scenic ride up and down.


The beach at Oriental Parade on a hot day in Welly.
Some interesting building architecture around with blend of old and new


Linking to:
The Letter I at ABC Wednesday
Sundays in my city
Six Word Saturday
Wordless Wednesday #75 at Abracadabra
Snap Your Week #11 at Eloquent Articulation
Friday Fragments #344
Love my City at The Kiwi Diaries


Check out my Daily Thoughts on Pinterest








Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the tour. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the world can come together over the internet. What great reasons to celebrate! Love the pic of Wellington.
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Traci. I think it's a pretty cool sign too.

      Delete
  3. I love the bucket fountain! The colors in your shots are beautifully vibrant, too! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs4444. Thanks for hosting Friday Fragments - I love linkups that give free reign.

      Delete
  4. Wellington does have a lot to offer to those that look around. These are awesome highlights of the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bettyl. Wellington is such a beautiful city with spectacular scenery wherever you go, awesome cafes, art, etc.

      Delete
  5. What fun! I love that "windy" sign, Suzy! All the photos are lovely and I'll bet the bucket fountain is a delight to watch!

    Wonder who'll compete in the World Cup finals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vidya. The sign is awesome and depicts Wellington perfectly. The fountain is fun though can be a little cool and wet on a windy day if you're walking too close to it. My prediction is a NZ - India final. Let's see if it comes true. I predicted a NZ France final for the Rugby World Cup in 2011 and got some weird looks but hey it was a NZ France final.

      Delete
  6. I loved the arm chair travel!! great idea Suzy. The buckets sure are fun as was the beach. How I wish to live near one!! Off with the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inderpreet. I think arm chair travelling is great fun - costs nothing too and you can visit so many exotic places.

      Delete
  7. Love the WELLINGTON sign looking like the HOLLYWOOD sign!

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rog. Yep lucky they didn't make it Wellywood!

      Delete
  8. Thank you! I love armchair travel. Without it I would see very little of the world.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...