Sunday, June 14, 2015

Visualising a Varanasi Vacation

I could do with a vacation

The first half of the year has been quite interesting. I've gone through many anxious and stressful moments, long hours at work, and yet there have been many achievements too.

I have however neglected my blog and seemed to have taken a vacation from it. But I hope I will be more regular.

And speaking of vacations, I could definitely do with a proper vacation. A break away from home.

I've always wanted to visit the holy city of Varanasi (also known as Benares or Kashi) on the banks of the River Ganges. I've been watching an Indian TV serial based in the city of Varanasi and the desire to see it has definitely grown.

I hope someday this desire will be fulfilled. But until then, visualising a Varanasi Vacation is the best I can do.

So here are some pictures of Varanasi - to help with the visualising.

Ghats on the River Ganges

Gaay (cow) Ghat

 Evening Ganga Arti (venerating the River Ganges)






Images from hotstar.com

Linking to:
Letter V at ABC Wednesday
Six Word Saturday
Blog-A-Rhythm
Sundays in my city


Check out my Daily Thoughts on Pinterest








Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. I hope you get to go on your vacation to Varanasi sooner rather than later Suzy! :) Love the ritual of Arti! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elly. I hope so too. The Arti must look so spectacular. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. I have been for the Ganga Aarti once and it was such a beautiful and a mesmerizing sight and experience. Hope you get to visit Varanasi soon, Suzy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you Shilpa. I hope someday sooner rather than later I'll get to see it live. It looks amazing. I guess when the time is right, all things will fall into place.

      Delete
  3. I have heard a lot about this evening Aarti. The lights must be awesome. Other than that, I don't have much liking for any religious rituals. Indians have polluted the Ganges to unthinkable levels. I love the Banarasi silk saris from that city though. I hope you get to go on this vacation soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chicky. I look forward to the day I'll see it for real. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  4. Hope your wish will be fulfilled soon.Arti is a wonderful experience

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! Such an unusual place! I've never seen it before nor traveled anywhere close to it. I'd like a vacation to Hawaii...or France...or Italy...maybe Australia or New Zealand. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessy. Thanks so much for visiting. I hope you will get to travel too. I live in New Zealand and it is truly worth visiting.

      Delete
  6. I was there while in college...In 2006 I think... wonderful aura around...I just hope they maintained it better and the tourists treat it badly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naba. There are so many spiritual places in India, but I think Benares has something unique about it.

      Delete
  7. I will gladly join you on this trip to Varanasi, always wanted to go there! Perhaps am still waiting for Ma Ganga and Lord Vishwanath to call.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Beloo, we can only go when the call comes. Perhaps we'll make a trip together.

      Delete
  8. I was in Varanasi for around 9 months when I was a 17 year old but never had a chance to see the many ghats and the city. It is very close to my hometown. I wish you get a chance to visit and I wish I get one too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Parul. Praying hard I will go. Often the place you live in you actually see the least. Sometimes we have to be a tourist in our own city. Some years ago some friends from Australia visited Bombay when I was living there and taking them around I discovered so much.

      Delete
  9. You must have posted late.
    Nice pictures. I need a vacation.

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...