Saturday, October 8, 2011

Yum Cha or Dim Sum - yum yum yum

I love Yum Cha and had a lovely meal for lunch today at a new Yum Cha place in my city.

Loved the decor of the place too.

I had my first Yum Cha or Dim Sum meal many years ago (1979 I think) in Singapore and have been a fan ever since.

from Wikipedia Yum Cha
Yum cha also known as Ban ming is Chinese style morning or afternoon tea which involves drinking Chinese tea and eating dim sum dishes. Yum cha in Cantonese literally means "drink tea" while Ban ming is more poetic "tasting of tea". In the US and UK, the phrase dim sum is often used in place of yum cha; in Cantonese, dim sum refers to the wide range of small dishes, whereas yum cha, or "drinking tea", refers to the entire meal.








golden carp for good luck and prosperity

Money Cat's beckoning paw signifies wealth arriving



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...