Sunday, August 18, 2013

Cloud


I saw the long white cloud


Last week there were many moments - some to be remembered and some to be forgotten.

I definitely want to forget the big earthquake that shook Wellington on Friday afternoon that sent the city into a state of panic and rattled many nerves. Won't go into that here but you can read my post on my blog Someday Somewhere.

And I definitely want to remember This Moment that I captured on my camera last Wednesday as I walked home from the bus stop.

The Maori name for New Zealand is Aotearoa (pronunciation here) which means "The land of the long white cloud".

That Wednesday those words flashed through my mind as I saw the "long white cloud". It actually curved right around the horizon as far as I could see but unfortunately I only captured this view. The sun was setting so had to be real quick.

So here it is - the long white cloud (Not quite white in my picture, but long nevertheless.)






This is the moment 
This is the time 
When the momentum and the moment
Are in rhyme
Give me this moment 
This momentous moment ..
(from Jekyll and Hyde)


 Linking to: 
 This MomentSoule Mama 
A single photo capturing a moment 
A simple, special, extraordinary moment 
A moment I want to pause, savour and remember


Thursday Challenge
"Blue" (Sky, Flowers, Hair, Water, Clothing, Vehicles, Houses,...)


Unknown Mami







Photobucket

 

27 comments:

  1. Love your long white cloud, Suzy. :)
    Scarey times with our climate. We have to hang on to the beauty because who knows when it will be snatched away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Restlessjo. Yes, there is beauty in the smallest things. I hope it won't be snatched away.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful picture... I wish you could forget the earthquake but I know from experience with natural disasters, you won't be able to....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary. So true, those moments will live for a long time.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow--I'd be freaking out too.
    You captured the cloud beautifully.
    Wishing you peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faycinacroud. Glad you like my pic and thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. Earthquakes are scary...but your photos beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry to hear about the earthquake. But yes, that long cloud is something else.. especially the first picture has come out amazing with the sun peeking through, right above the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roshan. I tried to capture the sun too - it looked quite amazing. My picture doesn't do it justice.

      Delete
  6. That's a beautiful capture. Interesting about the name 'Long white cloud'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shail. Apparently when the Maoris first came to NZ by boat, they saw the long white cloud above the land, right across NZ hence they named it Aotearoa.

      Delete
  7. Wow! What a stunning picture. I don't think I have ever seen a cloud that long, so impressive. It must have been amazing to behold.
    Have a great week!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Traci. It was quite a sight. I haven't seen that before either. Just glad I could capture it.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful...crisp, yet warm. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs4444. The sun does give it a warm cozy feel.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful Pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its a beautiful long white cloud. Nice pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks Mademoiselle Modelle. glad you liked both.

      Delete
  12. Thanks My Unfinished Life. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry about the earthquake. It really is a beautiful long white cloud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Unknown Mami. Hopefully that was the last one we'll ever experience - the eq that is. And hopefully we'll see many more beautiful long white clouds!

      Delete
  14. beautiful cloud; have a nice Saturday


    much love...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...