Friday, December 16, 2011

Thursday Challenge - Shoes

The Thursday Challenge this week is "Shoes" (Boots, Sandals, Dress Shoes, Wooden Shoes, Stiletto Heels, Horse Shoe .....)

So here is my contribution. This is a picture of the Shoe or Boot House at the Kamala Nehru Park in Mumbai, India.  Probably based on the nursery rhyme "There was an old woman who lived in a shoe".
Great fun to climb in and out of it (as kids of course!).



Also linking to Blogging for Fun - Focus on this


Photobucket


9 comments:

  1. Great fun I'll bet. The nursery rhyme originated in England and refers to King George and members of parliament. The King had too many MPs just as we have today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nursery rhyme was the first thing I thought of when I saw this, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this kind of thing -- the whimsy of artists and town politicians -- to erect such an interesting playground!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Everyone.
    @Bob - Thanks for the info. learn something new everyday. :)
    @LindyLou - I have the most uninteresting set of shoes and then while scrolling through photos came across this one. whew!
    @Mark Butler and Bagman - it's become an iconic symbol of Mumbai and I think every kid who lives there has played in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice picture, hope to take a shot like this someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Indrani - I'm sure you will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! How wonderful for a child! I would have loved that when I was a child. Heck...I love it now. I would LOVE to go inside that shoe!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...