Sunday, June 9, 2013

Camellias in my garden.

Written for: This Moment, 6WS, SIMC and Day 9 June photo a day


First Winter flower appears - I'm thrilled

A couple of days ago, a single Camellia appeared in my garden. 

It's always a great thrill to see the Winter flowers start to bloom and they liven up some dreary Winter days.

Here is my first Camellia this season. It's such a pretty colour too. 

taken "from down low' (for the June photo a day prompt)



It rained this morning so the raindrops are still clinging to the flower.


This is the moment 
This is the time 
When the momentum and the moment
Are in rhyme
Give me this moment 
This momentous moment ..
(from Jekyll and Hyde)


All my plants have lots of buds on them so soon they will be covered with flowers - can't wait for those moments.






 Linking to: 

 This Moment - Soule Mama
A single photo capturing a moment 
A simple, special, extraordinary moment 
A moment I want to pause, savour and remember


Day 9 June Photo a Day Challenge


Unknown Mami






Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. So pretty! Esp. with those rain drops on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely... it will a great sight when in full bloom... I can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Indrani. I can't wait to see them all in full bloom.

      Delete
  3. It definitely is a bright spot for winter! Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily. They do brighten up a dreary day.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! I like what Keetha said about buds. :)

    Have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana. Yep, I love Keetha's words too.

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see the full bloom pics. :) Lovely!

    http://www.whatmycameracaptures.com/june-photo-a-day-9/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jyothi - I'm waiting for them to bloom too.

      Delete
  6. Hello Suzy,

    A gardening SWS is always a joy for who loves Camelia as I do. Well that's funny, because precisely last week, I was commenting a post about june being roses month, and I confessed that since Dumas novel, I was totally crazy about camellias. Thanks for this gift.

    All the best

    http://blog.gracebailhache.com/2013/06/sws-vals-at-new-england-tango-academy/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace - glad you enjoyed my Camellia. It is such a pretty flower and it does remind me of a rose.

      Delete
  7. What delightful photos! I can imagine how you feel, looking at the flowers bloom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vidya. Flowers always put me in a good mood. They look so happy.

      Delete
  8. I love camellias ... they are plentiful in my home area of south Louisiana but it's too hot here in Texas for them to do well. I enjoy them when I go "home"! Thank you for sharing.

    Visiting from 6WS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca. Camellias are such pretty flowers.

      Delete
  9. Camellias are so beautiful, aren't they? Love your photos. I belong to a monthly photo a dy challenge group on facebook, and for June we have Animal, Vegetable, Mineral. I am planning to photograph my neighbour's camellia bush now in bloom. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosemary. They sure are. I can't wait for mine to be in full bloom.

      Delete
  10. That has always been one of my favorite songs! And I love camelias. Have a wonderful week!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love camellias too and This is the moment is a very inspiring song.

      Delete
  11. I didn't know those flowers were called Camellias! Thank you for teaching me something new. Beautiful. ~Xiomara of Equis Place

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh we have some beautiful camellias just outside our front window. They make me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Unknown Mami, I love camellias. They're such a pretty flower. They make me happy too.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...